A milling cutter is a rotary tool with one or more teeth used for milling. When working, each cutter tooth intermittently cuts off the margin of the workpiece. Milling cutters are mainly used for machining planes, steps, grooves, forming surfaces and cutting off workpieces on milling machines.
Among them, face milling cutters are also called disc milling cutters, which are used to process planes on vertical milling machines, face milling machines or portal milling machines. There are cutter teeth on the end and circumference, as well as coarse and fine teeth. Its structure has three types: integral type, insert type and indexable type.
Common materials for milling cutters
1) High-speed tool steel is divided into general-purpose and special-purpose high-speed steel. It has the following characteristics:
a) The content of alloying elements tungsten, chromium, molybdenum and vanadium is relatively high, and the quenching hardness can reach HRC62-70. It can still maintain high hardness at 600℃.
b) The edge strength and toughness are good, and the vibration resistance is strong. It can be used to manufacture tools with general cutting speed. For machine tools with poor rigidity, high-speed steel milling cutters can still cut smoothly.
c) The process performance is good, forging, processing and sharpening are relatively easy, and it can also manufacture tools with more complex shapes.
d) Compared with cemented carbide materials, there are still disadvantages such as lower hardness, poor red hardness and poor wear resistance.
2) Carbide: It is made of metal carbide, tungsten carbide, titanium carbide and cobalt-based metal binder through powder metallurgy.
1) It can withstand high temperature and can still maintain good cutting performance at about 800-1000℃. When cutting, the cutting speed can be 4-8 times higher than that of high-speed steel.
2) High hardness at room temperature and good wear resistance.
3) The bending strength is low, the impact toughness is poor, and the blade is not easy to sharpen.
Drawing dies are widely used, such as high-precision wires used in electronic devices, radars, televisions, instruments and aerospace, as well as commonly used tungsten wires, molybdenum wires, stainless steel wires, wire and cable wires and various alloy wires are all drawn with diamond drawing dies. The diamond wire drawing die made of natural diamond has strong wear resistance and extremely high service life due to the use of natural diamond as raw material.
Moresuperhard company developed and produced metal bonded diamond grinding wheel and disc for rough and fine grinding single crystal diamond tools.Metal diamond grinding wheel is easy to use and high grinding efficiency.Moresuperhard metal bond diamond grinding wheel suit Coborn PG serises single crystal diamond tools grinding machine.
Add: Zhongyuan Rd, Zhongyuan District, Zhengzhou, 450001, Henan, China
Tel: +86 17700605088